QUESTION & ANSWER AT INTERVIEW
1) What are your short and long-range goals and how are you preparing yourself to achieve them?
2) What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
3) What are the most important rewards you expect in and from your career?
4) Why did you apply for this position?
5) What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses (technically or otherwise)?
6) How would you describe yourself (personality, etc.)?
7) What qualifications do you have that make you think you will be successful in this position?
8) In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our company?
9) What two or three professional accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction? Why?
10) How do you work under pressure? Give me an example.
11) How would you describe the ideal next step or job for you?
12) What do you know about our company? (Be sure you have read the COMPUTING, HI-TECH & TELECOMMUNICATIONS CAREER HANDBOOK “Career Profiles” on your chosen employers).
13) What have you learned from your mistakes?
14) What criteria are you using to evaluate the company for which you hope to work?
Questions to ask in an Interview
1) Would you please describe a typical month in this role?
2) What would you say are the three most desirable qualities you are seeking in a candidate for this role?
3) What does success look like in this role and how will it be measured? (excellent)
4) Please describe the history and growth of the company.
5) Who are the major competitors, and what competitive advantage (or disadvantage) do they have in terms of product, market share, methods of marketing, and strengths and weaknesses? Caution: Ask this question after doing your homework first so that you may gain further insight.
6) In the most recent company history, what have been the biggest advances and setbacks?
7) Looking head over the next 6-12 months, what is your highest priority?
8) What are the top traits of your most successful performers? (excellent question)
9) What qualities have contributed to the successes and shortcomings of past persons in the role? (excellent question)
10) What direction do you see the company going in over the next 5 years or the next 5 to 10 years?
11) Based on our discussion and review of my background, what might you see as my greatest potential challenge?
12) How do my qualifications compare to the expectations of the role?
13) Closing Question: What is the next step? (Good question if not already covered)
14) Closing Question: After having met with me and reviewing my background, how do you see me fitting into this role/organization?
NOTE: the value of closing questions is the receipt of immediate, first-hand feedback. Closing time is important and the perfect opportunity to absolve any interviewer concerns.